Opened in on 4th June 1838 for the Great Western Railway to be used as a short term terminus, moving onto 1854 when the main station was officially opened. Isambard Kingdon Brunel designed the main station, there is also a statue of him at the station, with nearly all of the architectural detailing done by Matthew Digby Wyatt, who was a friend of Isambard.
The stations roof is glazed which is help up by four separate spans wrought iron arches. At the time of the recent late night track isolation’s at London Paddington the team from Abfad’s carried out high level rope access industrial cleaning to remove the build up of dirt and grime and then giving a new coating to span 2 of the station.
We have set out a simple approval system for companies wishing to advertise to the RopeTec audience group.
£1500 per annum, £400 per quarter, or by monthly subscription of £165.
Register today and you can keep up with all L123, NDT and Rope Acess news and events!
One of Scotland's coolest rope access training centres.
Our RopedIn will allow users to register for job updates, view news and vidoes from other sources and create a CV as well as connect with other users.