1 year, 3 months ago | By Rope-tec
This Listing has been viewed 655 times.
Key aims and objectives
· To perform all required rope access discipline tasks, safely, consistently, and in accordance with project requirements, procedures and specifications
· To complete all work in accordance with company procedures and applicable standards
Prime responsibilities and duties
· Read, understand and implement all applicable company / project policies, working practices and procedures, ensuring at all times that the Rope Access work scope is completed, in compliance with IRATA regulations and to the highest standard of safety.
· Complete all work scope in accordance with applicable workpack / jobcard instructions, associated procedures and drawings / sketches
· Provide support to other trades/disciplines where required, or form part of an integrated multi-discipline team.
· Undertake appropriate Risk Assessments (RA) in order to complete work scope in a safe and controlled manner.
· Inspection of equipment ensuring certification meets safety expectations of task
· Attend progress meetings as and when required.
· Provide timely feedback to supervisor of ongoing status or completion of the task.
Allied occasional duties
· Participate and contribute to Amec Foster Wheeler’s Emergency Response procedure and process.
· Participate and contribute in Amec Foster Wheeler’s nationalisation/personnel development programmes
· Attend and participate positively in toolbox talks
· Attend and participate positively in training sessions and safety sessions.
· Attend and participate positively in Communication
· Understanding of and development of rope access plans.
· Raising applicable Permit to Work (PTW) in order to complete work scope in a controlled and safe manner.
Key internal interfaces
· Discipline Foremen and chargehand
· Superintendent and/or Supervisor
· Level 3 rope access supervisor
· SHE Advisor
Key external interfaces
· Client personnel
· Sub-contract personnel
· Vendors and specialists
· IRATA Level 1 or 2 Rope Access qualification
· Documented work experience (CV / IRATA Log Book)
· City and Guilds (C&G) Steelwork / Shipbuilding Craft and / or NVQ Level 3 in related trade.
· BOSIET / MIST / Medical OGUK / CA –EBS Certificate
· Slinging & Lifting
· Manual Handling
· ISSOW (Integrated safe system of work)
· Demonstrable relevant experience in Rope Access operations (CV) in line with IRATA level 1 or 2 requirements
· Demonstrable experience in Pipefitting environment
· Thorough understanding of Rope Access equipment, types & manufactures
· Relevant Rope Access experience
· Ability to understand concise Work Packs, Drawings, Risk Assessments and instructions associated with Rope Access activities.
Personal qualities, aptitudes and skills
· Ability to communicate effectively with team members
· Demonstrate commitment to working safely at all times
· Flexible – able to comply with company and client requirements
· Ability to work with other team members / disciplines in a multi-cultural environment
· Confident with an ability to work with minimum supervision and use initiative
· Has a desire to learn and develop within the role.
Competencies – generic
· Possesses a good standard in spoken and written English and be proficient in Microsoft office applications
· Possesses a good understanding of safe working practices and can demonstrate commitment to safe working at all times.
Competencies – technical
· Can demonstrate a high standard in completion of tasks associated with the role of Rope Access Technician
· Can demonstrate the ability to read/understand and implement procedures/specifications/drawings/sketches/etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Register today and you can keep up with all L123, NDT and Rope Acess news and events!
One of Scotland's coolest rope access training centres.
Our RopedIn will allow users to register for job updates, view news and vidoes from other sources and create a CV as well as connect with other users.